We have a wonderful recipe we want to share with you all for our Chocolate Almond Butter Banana Bread bites A whole food healthier treat for everyone. The recipe is simple and includes some really great ingredients. Keep reading for the recipe and step by step instruction.
Chocolate Almond Butter Banana Bread bites Recipe
Makes 16 muffin sized bites, Prep Time 15 minutes. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350°F. Until you are able stick a toothpick in and it comes out clean.
- 1 1/2 Cup Spelt Flour – (Bobs Red Mill carries some, we picked ours up at a local health foods store in the bulk section)
- 2/3 Cup Chocolate Chunks – (Semi Sweet or Dark/Milk your choice)
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 1/2 Coconut Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Creamy Almond Butter
- 3 Medium sized bananas
- 1/4 Coconut Oil – Liquid
- 2 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 Tsp Cinnamon
- Preheating oven at 350°F while that’s getting ready start mixing all dry ingredients together: Spelt Flour, Coconut Sugar, Baking Power, Baking Soda, and Spices.
- Next take another mixing bowl peel the bananas and mash them but leave them a bit chunky, because you will then add the almond butter and cream/mix together.
3. Take a cup or small bowl and beat the 2 eggs before adding into the wet mix. Then add the vanilla, and coconut oil and mix thoroughly.
4. Finally add the dry mix into the wet mix in small batches until you get a smooth thick batter.
5. Lastly add the chocolate chunks, one tip we like to use is to sprinkle a bit of flour on them before adding to the batter to ensure they don’t sink to the bottom. (You can save some for topping if you want a more ascetic presentation.)
7. Prep the muffin tins with liners, we wanted to make ours festive for October so we used Halloween themed liners.
Finished Product should look something like this. One tip is to let them cool down completely so that the sides don’t stick to the liners. As you can see in one of the photos we did not have any patience and had tried some fresh out of the oven then realized the sides were completely stuck to the liner.
Hope you all try out and enjoy this recipe it is a great treat for kids to through into their lunch bags, also great for adults with their tea and coffee anytime of the day. This is a yummy dense and rich tasting bite you can enjoy without the guilt. Please feel free to add any nuts or dried fruit of your choice. Even switch out the almond butter for peanut butter, cashew butter, any nut seed butter you like.
Thank you for reading 🙂